Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are all entitled to a free hot meal under the Government's Universal Infant Free School Meal Scheme. However, they can choose to bring in their own packed lunch if preferred.
Children should bring their packed lunch in a plastic box and their own drinks in non-breakable containers but we ask you to avoid sending sweet, sticky or fizzy drinks .
Menus are sent out termly.
Click here to view our Summer 2022 menu (will start from 25th April 2022)
Your child may also be entitled to free school meals if you are in receipt of certain benefits. If you think you may be entitled, please contact the school office for further information. We will check your entitlement via Oxfordshire County Council.
The relevant support payments are:
- Income Support/Employment Support Allowance
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (please note this must be Income Based not just Job Seekers)
- Support under the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit provided that Working Tax Credit is not included and that the “annual income for Tax Credit purposes” is within the guidelines set for the financial year (£16,385 from 1.4.20). If you are in paid employment and/or in receipt of Working Tax Credit, it is unlikely that you will be entitled to free meals.
- The ‘Guarantee’ element of State Pension Credit
We encourage healthy eating. Children are invited to bring fruit or a cereal bar for their morning break, no sweets or crisps please. Children in Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 receive a free piece of fruit every day.