There is an expectation that all children will be safely and smartly dressed in school uniform. The uniform has been chosen to be practical and economical. Many uniform items are widely available from a range of local shops. ‘Cross Embroidery’, based at Lower Cherwell Street, Banbury, supply items with the Queensway logo. https://www.crossembroidery.com/schoolwear/46-queensway-school
- Trousers/skirt - Traditional style grey trousers. Jeans and tracksuit bottoms are not appropriate. Grey knee-length skirt or pinafore.
- Shirt - White polo shirt, white shirt or blouse
- Sweatshirt - Royal blue jumper or cardigan or Queensway sweatshirt
- Socks - Plain, dark coloured or white socks or grey opaque tights.
- Footwear - Plain, black shoes or trainers for outside. Plain black plimsolls for indoors. No high heeled shoes please.
Option for Asian children: Royal blue or grey shalwar and Kameez
Children may choose to wear grey knee-length shorts or blue and white checked knee-length dresses.
Option for Asian Children: White Shalwar under school dress
- Shorts/Trousers - Plain navy shorts or plain navy tracksuit bottoms
- T-shirt - Plain white t-shirt
- Footwear - Indoor PE - bare feet
- Outdoor PE - trainers (different ones to their walking to/from school trainers)
- Tracksuits and coats with the Queensway logo can also be purchased from Cross Embroidery
When your child is in Year 5 they will also need a swimsuit or swimming trunks (not shorts) and a swimming hat, which is available from the school office at a cost of 75p.
EVERY ITEM OF CLOTHING BROUGHT OR WORN TO SCHOOL MUST BE CLEARLY NAMED
The only jewellery permitted in school is a single pair of small sleeper studs for pierced ears, and a small wristwatch. It is school and Local Authority policy that no jewellery may be worn during PE lessons.
Children are not permitted to have their hair coloured, cut with designs shaved in or spiked up in a Mohican. Children must tie their hair back for PE lessons. Hair accessories must be the school colours and discreet.
If there are religious, cultural or medical reasons for your child not to comply with our uniform policy please contact the school so that staff can be made aware of the situation.